Browser Still Reflecting Ie6

About Forums Technology News Browser Still Reflecting Ie6

3 sujets de 1 à 3 (sur un total de 3)
  • Auteur
    paul
    Maître des clés

Why Does My Web Browsers Still Reflecting Ie6? (Part 2)

paul
    Maître des clés

I have found that some people have been reporting that their current web browser still reflecting IE6 on their computer, even though it is set to ‘changable’. Here is what you can do to ensure that your browser is still pointing to the correct version. In order to check your IE6 in IE7 window, first visit your Internet Options and click on the ‘Advanced’ tab and then click on the ‘General’ button to open the ‘Internet Options’ page. On the ‘General’ tab, click on the ‘Security’ button to open the ‘Security’ page and then click on the ‘Custom Level’ button to open the ‘Browser Settings’ page. Under the ‘Icedove’ heading you will see the line that says ‘X-Rated’. If you are seeing IE6 listed under this heading, then your web browser should be pointing to the latest version of the Windows operating system and as such is able to view the latest updates from Microsoft. However, if you still have IE6 on your PC, then the safest thing to do is to do the following:

paul
    Maître des clés

On the Forums, a member of Microsoft’s TechNet forums has a good post on Browser still reflecting IE6 after installing Windows Vista. A reader writes: « I just reinstalled my computer and I noticed that my browser still reflects IE6 as my default browser. I tried to open some IE7 websites, but still the IE6 browser window pops up when I click the link or click on a link. »

3 sujets de 1 à 3 (sur un total de 3)
  • Vous devez être connecté pour répondre à ce sujet.