Cannot Add Search Providers

About Forums Hardware Cannot Add Search Providers

Affichage de 1 message (sur 1 au total)
  • Auteur
    paul
    Maître des clés

This is a quote from an e-mail recently sent to me by my brother. « I cannot add Search Providers to my computer at work. I am an IT professional. I am aware of all the technical capabilities available on my computer and everything else you can do to support Windows applications. But I have no idea how to add a search feature. »

So, I took a closer look at that question and tried to answer it. It was not just a matter of adding a Search Provider to your computer. You can only do that if you are using a product that supports the Microsoft Active Directory for Search. This kind of thing is called SearchIndexing or SearchMatching. A specific feature that many products, such as Windows Servicing Pack, Active Directory PowerShell and Windows Management Instrumentation is implementing in order to bring you new features on a regular basis. The above mentioned products have been designed specifically for the purpose of searching your Windows systems and provide the support required to make it possible. You cannot add a Search Provider to your computer if you do not use a product that has this capability.

In case you do not know what this solution is then please visit this link which will provide you with complete details about it. The solution is referred to as ADFS (Active Directory Focused Search). It supports both Windows and Microsoft Exchange servers and gives you the support to provide features like Search Indexing, Mapping Service, Search Builder, Inbound Search Engine, Local Name Search and Connectivity. You can download it here.

Affichage de 1 message (sur 1 au total)
  • Vous devez être connecté pour répondre à ce sujet.