Cant Find Chkdsk Log Files

About Forums Windows Update Cant Find Chkdsk Log Files

Affichage de 1 message (sur 1 au total)
  • Auteur
    paul
    Maître des clés

Over the past several years, it has become more difficult to find Chkdsk Log Files. It used to be that, when I would need to open a file or folder in Windows, it would be easy for me to do, but with the introduction of the Windows Vista operating system and the Chkdsk files on that operating system, I have experienced many times where I would simply find no Chkdsk Log Files at all. With the introduction of Windows Vista, it appears that Microsoft has failed to adequately address this issue and as a result, it is getting harder to locate the correct log files on Windows. Of course, the best way to open a log file from Windows Vista is to simply use a program such as Windows XP’s « My Computer » and to click on the files that you want to open.

When searching for log files, I would typically end up having to use a search tool such as the one offered by my search engine. In these searches, I would type in the name of the file or folder and then would click on the search button to be able to see if there was anything that matched what I was looking for. Unfortunately, often times, I would end up with nothing in particular that I wanted to open and I would have to continually go through each and every file to find what I was looking for. In addition, there were times when the names of the files that I searched for would change and I would find that in some cases, even if I had a name match, the name that I searched for did not have a match for it. In addition, many times, there would be other files that were created after the name of the file that I searched for.

Since I had to perform these searches on a computer that was running Vista, I wanted to be able to use a program that would only open a file with a valid name and not force me to use a search tool that had little chance of actually locating the log files that I was looking for. Fortunately, there is an easy solution to this problem: using a program called Windows Repair Assistant. I used this program to search and locate all of the log files on my computer and after that, I was able to easily get rid of all of the corrupted files that were inside of my Windows registry.

Affichage de 1 message (sur 1 au total)
  • Vous devez être connecté pour répondre à ce sujet.