How do i configure rsync freenas sync shares windows nas device

About Forums Windows 7 Miscellaneous How do i configure rsync freenas sync shares windows nas device

Affichage de 1 message (sur 1 au total)
  • Auteur
    paul
    Maître des clés

How Do I Configure Rsync and FTPS on Windows 7?

how do i configure rsync freenas sync shares windows nas device

This tutorial will show you how to configure Rsync and FTPS on Windows 7. Both of these protocols are used to synchronize files between different computer systems. Rsync is a version of the UNIX ‘remote’ transfer method. It is great for sharing files between local computers; it’s less complex than a typical FTP (file transfer protocol) program. You can use Rsync to make changes to the files on your local system and then have the file transfers quickly replicated to other computers where you need them.

There are a lot of options when it comes to Rsync, but perhaps the best part is that it allows you to run multiple processes (in this case, the multiple transfer methods) at the same time. If you were to use Windows, you would have to open several programs each with their own parameters and settings. If one of them didn’t work, then you’d have to restart the whole program, or even worse, reset all the settings. With Rsync, you simply set the options and the program do the rest. In this tutorial, we’ll cover FTPS (File Transfer Protocol) in more detail.

Now that you’ve learned how to configure FTPS on Windows 7, let’s talk about how to do it. To get started, first you’ll need to find the folder that contains the files you want to sync. Inside that folder, you will also find the IP address of the computer. Run a command like ‘cmd.exe c: test /c dirname: ». Replace « dirname: » with the name of the folder containing the files you want to synchronize.

Affichage de 1 message (sur 1 au total)
  • Vous devez être connecté pour répondre à ce sujet.