Local Admin Account Has Red X Share Permissions

About Forums Technology News Local Admin Account Has Red X Share Permissions

Affichage de 1 message (sur 1 au total)
  • Auteur
    paul
    Maître des clés

I noticed that the Local Admin Account has Red X Shares Permissions. I didn’t realize that this was a concern with my Windows Server 2020 Standard Edition installation until I ran « Sysprep ». It seems like it only affects me because when I turned on the server, I clicked the « Start » button and then I saw a message telling me that « X » type devices cannot be used because of the permissions. I checked the box for the device, but it still wasn’t being allowed to use it. I went back to my local administration account and asked the question again, but I was told that I could not answer because of the Local Admin Account has Red X Shares Permissions. Here’s what I did next:

I have managed to get the Local Admin Account has Red X Shares Permissions by using a bitwise operation. Essentially, you would do this for the Windows Server 2020 Standard Edition system. First, you will need to enter the password for the local Administrator account. Next, open an administrative command prompt and enter the following command. If you do not already have a file named « SYSPREP.exe », you will need to download and install the Windows Server 2020 Standard Edition System Preparation Tool from Microsoft.

For the following command, replace it with the name of the device that you want to use. If you do not have a device, you can type « localhost » into the « command » box. After the command is executed, you will need to click the « OK » button. Next, you will need to go to the « Computer Management » section and then select the « Network » tab. At the top of the screen, you will see a heading named « Add Hardware ». When you click the « Add Hardware » option, you will see a list of various types of devices. Once you have selected your device, you will need to open the Properties window by clicking the « Properties » button.

Affichage de 1 message (sur 1 au total)
  • Vous devez être connecté pour répondre à ce sujet.