Missing Dvd Rw Drive

About Forums Hardware Missing Dvd Rw Drive

Affichage de 1 message (sur 1 au total)
  • Auteur
    paul
    Maître des clés

Is it possible to get a missing DvdR drive fixed? I’ve just had a new laptop that I love, but it’s using the same old (3.5″ HD) cd/dvd drive. I also love my laptop and don’t want to part with it so I have purchased a refurbished one at a bargain price. I know how important these things are as I needed to replace my own broken computer when I got my current one, so I would like to fix this problem as soon as possible.

The problem is the drive needs a Windows fix of some sort, either having a recovery partition or restoring a regular Windows backup is preferable. I haven’t actually tried to recover anything as it was easier for me to purchase the new laptop from the store rather than trying to manually go through the recovery portion of the OS. After I installed the laptop, it still wouldn’t boot up, so I went ahead and replaced the hard drive and was able to boot up with it. After downloading and installing Microsoft repair CD I’ve already got everything that I need to repair the missing DvdR drive.

To do this, I booted up the computer, mounted the hard drive, and then run the application from the « Recovery » menu. It took me just over 30 minutes to complete the repair and I was able to boot up the computer just fine. I was a little worried about having to reinstall the operating system and be totally wiped out after doing that so I was glad that the Windows version I’ve already downloaded and installed was able to repair the hard drive for me. This type of thing should really be taken care of by the company so that they can give the owner a free replacement or a refund. Anyway, I was pretty happy with this solution and don’t think that it was very hard at all.

Affichage de 1 message (sur 1 au total)
  • Vous devez être connecté pour répondre à ce sujet.