Windows Could Not Retrieve Information About Disks Computer

About Forums Windows 7 Miscellaneous Windows Could Not Retrieve Information About Disks Computer

Affichage de 1 message (sur 1 au total)
  • Auteur
    paul
    Maître des clés

It seems as if every time I do a routine maintenance on my computer I run into this issue: Windows Could Not Retrieve Information About Disks Computer. The problem has been occurring with my machine for months and I have finally figured out the problem. Now, you may be asking « where did I find this information? » Well, you didn’t! This problem was never a problem in the past when I used Windows XP. And when I switched to Vista for my machine, the problem just got worse. I would have to reboot my machine every time I wanted to check for errors, repair corrupt files, or install a new program.

Windows’ built-in disk defragmenter does a great job, but it is at its most effective when the number of files on your hard drive is not that high. And when it comes to my machine, I have one or two pictures on my computer, some music files, and several movies. I know I have downloaded other files that I need to get rid of, but how am I supposed to go about doing that? It’s not very easy, it’s not very fun, and it’s not very convenient. Because the hard drive is formatted with NTFS, which is the best file system, only some parts of the file system can be accessed by Windows.

I’m not sure if it is a hardware or software issue, but I have been unable to access any of the data on my disk. Whenever I run « disk defragmenter » it will start to scan my hard drive and I think to myself « it should be able to tell me where the files are on my drive right now ». But then it just spits out « could not defragment disk ». When I run the defragmenter again it does make a list of files that need to be deleted, but it tells me where the files are located on my disk. It doesn’t tell me where the files are located on my hard drive, and that is what I am having a hard time figuring out.

Affichage de 1 message (sur 1 au total)
  • Vous devez être connecté pour répondre à ce sujet.