Windows Live Mail Minimizing Taskbar

About Forums Windows 7 Miscellaneous Windows Live Mail Minimizing Taskbar

Affichage de 1 message (sur 1 au total)
  • Auteur
    paul
    Maître des clés

After a lot of discussion and research I believe that Microsoft has finally recognized the importance of the Web Mail feature of Windows XP (and Vista). The recent development of the new Windows Live Mail service means that some (if not all) of your emails are automatically sent to the Windows Live Mail service on your computer. At the moment this is a user-selectable option but, once the new service is released, you’ll be able to send and receive emails from any PC even if they’re in another room or computer. But what happens if your computer becomes infected with spyware or adware that needs to be « detected and removed »?

From my experience, this often occurs if you have a large number of programs running, or if your taskbar icon is missing. If this happens, you’ll probably notice that your email services are being disabled. I still remember when I used to send a lot of emails on my computer, until suddenly the whole thing stopped working. I was on the same email service that my colleagues were using so I assumed that it was the problem. After trying everything that I knew how to do, including asking the support staff, I discovered that my Taskbar icon was missing.

You don’t want to use the proper method to re-enable the programs again because of the potential damage that can happen. There’s also the risk of causing more damage if the process should end up in a « freeze » mode. Luckily, I found out that Microsoft provides a method to properly stop programs that are running and take action on spyware. You can simply use a registry cleaner to clean the Windows Live Mail database and get rid of any malware that could be hiding in there.

Affichage de 1 message (sur 1 au total)
  • Vous devez être connecté pour répondre à ce sujet.